Tuesday, June 26, 2012

More Luggage Inspiration: Decor and DIY

In the search for event inspiration, I also found lots of tutorials and products made with luggage.  Some of them were so creative I had to share.  Maybe they will speak a DIY idea and get you excited about tracking down your own set (or reusing those already tucked away in your closet!)


{via}

My rating: Wow

This pic stood out to me because it goes beyond the standard end table I've seen before.  Suitcases of various sizes are stacked and puzzled to create a flat surface for the table top.  I know if Brandon were making this, he'd want to connect and reinforce the suitcases to ensure he had a sturdy base.  This photo was taken by a guest staying in the Oakland's Waterfront Hotel, so there isn't a tutorial on how they put the piece together.


{via}

My rating: Woah

I'm actually in need of more bathroom storage (our master has a small footprint of 6x7) which is probably why this idea caught my eye.  Hung on the wall with shelves inside, the suitcases lid becomes the door.  They've attached a mirror to the front, but I'd prefer having the outside look as close to the original as possible.  I think opening the cabinet would have more wow factor with that contrast.

{via}

My rating: Ohmigosh

This idea blows my mind!  So creative!  What I really like about this project is that you could use materials you might otherwise pass up.  The dresser might have out of date drawer fronts and the luggage could be worn and ripped on the sides, but in combination they look beautiful.  I'd choose luggage with sturdy metal handles that would stand up to years of pulling.

Two other projects I never would have dreamt up- a suitcase chair by REcreate designer Katie Thompson and a mini picnic table (with retractable legs!) tutorial by Instructables.

{via}

{via}

And I also found this...

{via}

My rating: Not Gonna Happen

I am a cat lover, but this is bizarre to me.  In my experience, cats are content to lie on an extra pillow (or the one you're trying to use), a magazine (especially when you're reading it), your lap (especially when you have somewhere to go).  You can buy them the best seat in the house.  They will not use it.  They will sit on your face before sitting in a kitty bed.  So yeah, I'm not buying or making this.


Are you inspired to use any luggage in your home? If so, how? Let me know in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! We love to hear feedback from our readers. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at MomentarilyYours@gmail.com!