Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Meet the Momentarily Yours Sisters: Megan!

Hello, I'm Megan, the other half of Centsational Celebrations.  I live in my hometown of Lee's Summit, MO, less than 3 miles away from my parent's house.  I share 1,??? square feet with my husband, Brandon, and my cat, Gilligan.  Yes, we named him after the namesake of Gilligan's Island (and I plan on naming all other future pets after the remaining characters!)
{Gilligan in various phases of adorable}

Like Brittany, I married my high school sweetheart.  We had dated for seven years before we got married on August 9, 2009.  My wedding was planned in 4 months with a small budget.   At the time, we were also renovating a foreclosure Brandon had bought in January.  Those projects are happy memories.  I really feel like it's our home: something we've created together.

{Brandon and I on our wedding day}
{Us after hard work at the house. Please excuse my work clothes}

Kids have a special place in my heart.  I am a 2nd grade teacher in a Title 1 (low income) school.  I am passionate about working in this environment.  My fellow teachers and I are patient, dedicated, and fiercely loyal to our kids.  My students are smart, kind and funny and I'm very lucky that it's part of my job to bring out those qualities.  This year another teacher and I started a weekly drama club group for 3-5 graders.  I also teach Sunday school for the 3-9 year olds with my husband.  It's been a new challenge and blessing each week and a great crash course for future parenthood.

My first 5 pins:


My last 5 pins:

Favorite movie:  Shallow Hal or You've Got Mail

Favorite movie snack: Twizzlers Except I can't have them now that I'm gluten free! Dark Chocolate Raisinets

Addictions Can't Live Without:  Music on car rides, Sugar Free Vanilla Lattes, Fuzzy slippers post shower

Bad habits:  Popping my fingers

I never would have imagined I'd be starting a business with my sis, especially in the wedding/event world.  I was not the type of girl that dreamt up the perfect wedding day.  But on the other hand, it makes perfect sense.  I love making things.  I love to add little details to a room and give it personality.  I love to shop (though Brittany may love it more!)  And most important I love my sis.  I may sound like a big cheese ball, but I am SO excited for this fabulous excuse to spend more time with her!

I will also love giving you a peek into our business through this blog.  We'll be taking you along as we shop for antiques, try out new crafts, and decorate events for clients.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! We love to hear feedback from our readers. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at MomentarilyYours@gmail.com!