Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Meet the Momentarily Yours Sisters: Brittany!

Hi! I'm Brittany, one half of the sister duo that makes up Centsational Celebrations! (Before anyone asks, I'm the younger sister. But I'm taller!) 

I'm currently splitting residence between my hometown, Lee's Summit, Missouri, and the beautiful Missoula, Montana. Ryan, my then fiance, now husband and I moved to Missoula in August 2010 so that I could attend the graduate program in Creative Writing at the University of Montana. Now I'll be living in Missoula until May 2013, when Ryan (the aforementioned husband) will graduate with his degree in Computer Science! Until then, I'll be working with my dear sister from afar.

{The Missoula Valley. Kinda nice, right?}
{Megan and I posing by the Clark Fork River in Missoula, summer 2011}

Ryan and I were high school sweethearts. (I kind of stalked him after spying him in the lunch room, but that's a long story I won't get into right now.) After our wedding (on Friday, January 13--we're daredevils!), the craft and design bug had officially bit Megan and I, and we decided to start our own event rental and decoration business!

{My man & me. The weather held up nicely for us--the light dusting of snow didn't hinder traveling but made a great photo background!} 
{Some of the decorations my sister, bridesmaids, & I made for the reception!}

Since I went into graduate school straight from undergrad, I don't have an official "big girl job" yet, but I'd like to work in writing, editing, and publishing, or as a writing instructor. And of course as a crafter, vintage hunter, and event styler at Centsational Celebrations! :)

Now a few fun details about myself:
  • I can't ride a bicycle. (Yes, I know it's easy, and no, I don't care to learn. Although I would love to ride a sweet tandem bicycle!)
  • My favorite day of the week is Wednesday. Not sure why.
  • When I was 5, I appeared in an opera as a 3-year-old Japanese boy. I didn't have any lines or anything, but I was the main character's son. (A few years later, both Megan & I appeared as sad orphans--or something along those lines--in another opera!)
  • My ideal 5-course meal (in a world where calories don't count): the Caesar salad from The Rome in Columbia, Missouri, the cheese dip from El Maguey Mexican restaurant, a Zip Burger from Nu Way, a side of Culver's cheese curds with ranch, and a flourless chocolate cake filled with dark chocolate mousse. Mmmmmm.
  • I am a die-hard LOST fan, but kind of an all-around TV junkie. Some other favorites include  How I Met Your MotherVeronica Mars, Friday Night Lights, Parenthood, Once Upon a Time, Glee (I'm a choir/theatre nerd!), and a host of summer reality shows (currently watching The Bachelorette--go Sean or Arie!--So You Think You Can Dance, Design Star, The Next Food Network Star, and The Glee Project!)
  • I looooove karaoke!
I am so excited to embark upon the journey of owning a business with my big sis! I definitely feel like I'm at a crossroads in my life (post-graduation and all) and I'm ready to jump in and see what happens next :) 

Stay tuned--tomorrow you'll be hearing from the biz's better half, Megan!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! We love to hear feedback from our readers. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at MomentarilyYours@gmail.com!