Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Color Palettes: Red, White and Blue

Happy Merry Yay for Independence day!  I hope you're enjoying time with your friends and family.  This holiday is one of my faves since we celebrate with FIREWORKS!  As kids, our family had our own methods of getting to see the best fireworks displays.  We would go to parking lots and backroads with high ground, in position to see multiple shows from one vantage point.  Plus, we didn't have to fight traffic to get back home.  Pretty smart, eh?  In honor of the fourth and our flag, we've collected lovely color combos of red, white and blues.

Attire:
{via}

When I look at these wedding shots, I wonder if the couple owns the turquoise Volkswagen van and used it as inspiration.  I can't be sure, but the pictures and the couple are adorable!  The van and the balloons are playful touches that look great in these cheerful colors.

Decor:

This is my own master bedroom.  We bought the mirror at Pier 1.  The dimensions are just right for the vanity.  The red and blue color combo also compliments the nautical paintings and photographs we have in our master bedroom.  Best yet, we waited to buy until it went on clearance.  I love a good deal!

{via}

Overall, I have modern style, but there is something about a table with a chippy paint job that makes me want to move into a shabby chic cottage.  I love the character of the carved legs.  The rug pulls the colors of the mismatched chairs together.

{via}

I am digging the eclectic style of these patterned stairs.  I might try this out when we eventually tackle our unfinished basement.  I'd probably simplify the look by using one pattern.

{via}

Who doesn't love built ins?  I like how the arch on the top shelf echoes the shape of the headboard.

{via}

This is a great example of using shades outside of the standard red, white and blue.

Events:
{via}

This is a beautiful reception that uses a red-orange shade along with a bright blue.  I would have added a few colored lanterns to get more of the lovely combo throughout the space.

{via}

Is it weird that part of me that wants to correct the lack of capitalization on the banner??  I guess it's the teacher in me.  Other than that...the giant pinwheels are super cute for this first birthday.  Brittany and I need to try our hand at making some of these.

{via}

This is another boy's b-day.  That pretty blue suitcase reminds me of a few beauties we've added to our inventory.  I am inspired by the ruler-like runner and I'd like to create my own version someday.  

{via}

I like the sweet birdhouses, but I would have moved more pieces to the ground to make the table functional.  Not sure how this table was used, but I'd expect more gifts than that middle shelf!

{via}

Our last inspiration shot uses the tried and true red, white and blue.  This photo shoot has a classic, retro vibe.

So don't feel like you have to save your patriotic colors for one day of the year.  Experiment with tones to keep it fresh and modern.  Now go back to watching fireworks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! We love to hear feedback from our readers. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at MomentarilyYours@gmail.com!